We have in-house thread rolling machines from various parts of the world, from Italy to Germany and India we have inhouse 5 thread rolling machines which provide us with up to 500 Metric Ton per month production capacity.
Hexagon bolts are either thread rolled in In-feed rolling for standard length bolts and through-feed thread rolling for full thread bolts or screws.
What is thread rolling?
Thread rolling is a mechanical process where threads are cold formed when the part is squeezed between two thread dies on a thread rolling machine. Thread rolling provides for a stronger thread and no loss of material.
What are the primary benefits of thread rolling compared to conventional thread cutting?
- Raw material savings
• 1/4-20 thread pattern produced approximately a 25% savings
• 3/4-16 thread pattern at approximately 16%
- Increased thread strength over machined threads
• Tensile strength increases 10%
• Root hardness increase up to 30%
- Reduced manufacturing times up to 70%
- Superior surface smoothness over other techniques
- Grain Structure retained
We use nitriding coating on our Thread Rolls. Advantages of nitriding coating -
- Very precise temperature control – this leads to consistent and predictable case depth / hardness / dimensional stability
- Full coverage of nitriding - even inside holes and bores
- Great for large quantities of small parts (batch style product)
- Great for alloy steels and low carbon steels